It is very common for women to experience musculoskeletal problems as a result of pregnancy. The mother’s body goes through many changes, which can lead to pelvic muscular changes, resulting in low back and hip pain. The pelvic floor muscles often become dysfunctional, leading to stress incontinence. The situation does not always get better when your bundle of joy is born, as nursing a baby will often result in upper back and neck pain.
In Physiofocus we have access to a real time ultrasound machine, which we use to examine the pelvic muscles in order to assess how well they are functioning. This combined with other assessment tools, allows us to do in depth assesment, making us one of only a few clinics in Singapore able to specialise in this area.
- Pregnancy and post-pregnancy back pain.
- Stress incontinence.
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment.
- Pelvic floor retraining exercises
- Core stability retraining exercises
- Back and neck care advice or treatment
- Ergonomic advice for lifting, carrying, feeding and caring for the infant and toddler
- Return to fitness advice and exercise programmes
- Bone density improvement exercises